What fees and expectations are involved?
- NYC bootcamp tuition is $4500. This covers materials, instructors, legal fees and a 1 year membership into the 37 Angels network. At the end of the program, participants are expected to make a $10K investment into a startup of their choosing (different angels can invest in different companies).
- Online bootcamp tuition is $3700. This covers materials, instructors, legal fees and access to 1 year of 37 Angels events.
- Membership fee to join the network is $3000 per year. Each year, members are expected to invest in at least one company ($25K minimum) and participate in at least one diligence team.
What is required to participate in the bootcamp or join the network?
- Complete an online application (NYC bootcamp, online bootcamp, member) and interview
- Be an accredited investor according to rules set forth by the SEC. An individual must meet at least one of the two requirements below:
- Individual or household net worth in excess of $1 million (excluding value of primary residence)
- Individual income in excess of $200K or joint income with a spouse in excess of $300K for the past 2 years
What is an angel investor?
An angel investor is an individual who invests their own money (usually between $25-$250K) in an early-stage company, usually in exchange for equity.
Do you only invest in women-led businesses?
No. We believe that our angels should invest in companies that align with their interests and that can benefit from their advice and guidance. We do not restrict ourselves to only investing in women-led businesses.
I’m not able to participate in the upcoming bootcamp – will there be more?
Yes! Our next NYC bootcamps kick off Sep 15-16 and Nov 17-18 2017. Our next online bootcamp kicks off Fall 2017. Join our mailing list to be notified of the next bootcamp.
Can I join the network without going through the angel bootcamp?
Of course - if you are an experienced investor we welcome you to apply to join our network - Annual membership fees are $3000. Take a look at the benefits of joining here.
Is there a minimum investment to be a part of the network?
Members are required to make one $25K investment per year. For angels participating in our in person bootcamp, the initial investment is $10K.
Do I have to be based in the New York area to join the NY chapter / Are you ever going to have a program outside of NYC?
Not necessarily and we have had participants from Africa, Hong Kong, San Diego, San Francisco, Boston, and beyond! Our pitch forums take place every 2 months in NYC and our investors often travel in for those events (our largest 2nd cities are San Francisco and Boston). However, you may lose out on some of the benefits of the additional training events and networking if you're not local. If you are interested in joining another chapter/helping to coordinate a bootcamp in another city, email us at email@example.com and let us know where you're based. We may come to your city next!