Investment Intern Role
Please send your resume and why you are a fit for this role to email@example.com by Aug 24. In addition, please share your general availability Aug-Feb and specific availability Sep 14-15, Nov 16-17, Feb 15, and Feb 22.
37 Angels is a network of investors investing in high potential startups (founded by Angela Lee, Chief Innovation Officer at Columbia Business School). We also offer a bootcamp that teaches the art of angel investing. We have 50 portfolio companies, 60+ investors and 15+ mentors in our network.
Expectations of role:
- Startup evaluation: Review applications from Gust and referrals, attend demo days, and conduct pre-screening calls with entrepreneurs. Lead diligence teams through the diligence process and write a portion of an investment memo.
- Process coordination: Organize the deal screening process - schedule pre-screening calls, manage the google doc that keeps us all coordinated, manage presentations and presenter logistics the day of the pitches. We are looking for someone who is organized, responsive, and can help to make our processes even more efficient.
- Deal sourcing: There is no expectation to source any additional deal flow though ideally this person is familiar with the NY startup ecosystem
- Time commitment: 5-15 hrs/wk to be jointly determined. This person would commit for a minimum of 6 months. Ideal timeline is to onboard in August, attend the bootcamp Sep 14-15 for additional training, then stay on through Feb 2019. That said, there is flexibility in this timing.
Benefits of role:
- Education: Participate in our investing bootcamp – a $4500 value where you’ll learn to source companies, conduct diligence, value companies, negotiate a terms sheet, and much more
- Training: Experience the entire investing life cycle from sourcing to diligence to investing. We evaluate 2000+ startups and invest in 10 each year.
- NYC startup ecosystem immersion: Be rapidly immersed in the NY start-up scene and get an insider's view into a dynamic community of innovators. Meet hundreds of entrepreneurs and investors. Our alum have gone on to work at Greycroft, Core Innovation Capital, Dorm Room Fund, High Peaks Ventures, Scout Ventures, Tech Stars, Google, and more!